Hey guys! I have questions pertaining to my Math IA. Have any of you missed between 10-20 days in the 11th and/or twelfth grade? If so, please state the grade, days missed and GPA. Since my topic is if attendance affects GPA, I decided to do the chi-squared test. However, when I looked at 3 samples who  did chi-squared, they also did the linear regression line. Should I do that too? Is there anything else that I should know while doing my IA? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by surveygirl21

I don't think it's what you SHOULD do but rather if it fits with what you're investigating. If linear regression lines suit YOUR investigation, then for sure, go for it. But if you think you should add it to your IA simply because others have done it, I suggest you re-think that. 

And I'm sorry, I haven't missed that many days. But all the best! :)

• Like 1

Well did you make a proposal for your IA? Or make a question? If so, then you should have an idea of where your idea is going, and maybe have some sort of plan as to what you'll be investigating. If linear regression lines of your data will help add to your IA to provide, for example, provide a comparison of data or as a proof of what you're investigating (I don't know exactly what you're doing but I'm just throwing out random ideas), then add it. But if you see that what you have is enough then don't add them. My teacher had told my class that you can actually lose marks if you add extra data that is either irrelevant or not used.

Does that help?