Advice on Thesis/Intro (Written Assignment)

ignify

Does anyone have any advice in writing a good introduction or thesis for an essay? In particularly, how to embed a thesis into the introduction.

I have written my intro already and if anyone could give me some pointers on it, that would be great too! (maybe you could pm me?)  :)

Edited by ignify

You're thesis statement must be concise, accurate and specific and also straight to the point. It must convey the idea you are intending to display. And the point of a thesis statement is to either prove it or disprove it. If you could show me the literature intro here, I could help you further in formulating one. And is its literature, remember this sequence always in an analysis: Thesis statement produced --> Evidence in the context --> Effects produced by that.

This is how you should be doing any analysis or a written assignment.

Thank you for your advice! And yup this is for literature.

Title of Essay:  How are the images of sacrifice illustrated in the poem An End or a Beginning"? By Bei Dao

My introduction is:

The August Sleepwalker, a collection of poems written by Bei Dao, explores his experience living under the oppressive rule of the Chinese Communist Party. The poem ‘An End or a Beginning’ highlights the uncertain consequences of expressing rebellious ideas that threatens the government’s rule, subsequently causing fear among the people. The outcomes of protesting are so dangerous that it is a sacrifice however, it’s also seen as necessary to spark change within China. Furthermore Bei Dao notes that ‘An End or a Beginning’ “records our tragic and indignant protests†illustrating that martyrdom isn’t all about bravery and glory, it is in fact tragic because protestors have to sacrifice themselves to evoke change. The poem Declaration is an example of the negative outcomes as it was dedicated to friend Yu Luoke after he was sentenced to death for reactionary attacks against the government in his writing. It shows how society is oppressed through the censorship of people who stand up against the government.

Edited by ignify