Blood in film!

shantbayramian

Hey all! I am currently done with my film for my IB production portfolio. I am worried about the blood levels in my film. The guide says that blood cannot dwell, but depends on to what extent they mean by 'dwell'. Will they actually disqualify my IB diploma if there were scenes with a lot of blood? Please help ASAP so I could at least re-shoot. 

i just looked at the guide to see if i could help but it actually says that "violence must not dwell" and "there should be no emphasis on...blood" so i would say it would be best to have little to no blood??

but ask your teacher i don't do film or know anyone that does film so my knowledge was straight from the guide?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I don't think they can disqualify you for that, if anything they may take marks off of one of the rubrics. It's more of cinematic warning because some filmmakers would get too wrapped up in blood, gore and special FX rather than actually using the film techniques IB wants. everything in the film should contribute to meaning or plot, so if it's superficial and pointless, then they may take a few marks. 

as long as it isn't shot from one angle with no cuts and bad editing, you'll be fine.