Help with EE research question

misstery_

It's way too broad. You could probably write 10,000 words on that ^_^ Maybe you should limit it to one political ideology/a limited time period/one region, or maybe all three. Also, what do you mean by "greater"? That sounds very philosophical to me - which is not appropriate to a history EE. Maybe what you want to say is "more influential"? 

Would it be better if I focused on the enlightenment ideologies? 

Also, what do you mean by "greater"? That sounds very philosophical to me - which is not appropriate to a history EE. Maybe what you want to say is "more influential"? 

Yeah that's what I was trying to say :)

Or maybe just focus on one part of the ideologies, like the role of women etc. Then you could have "To what extent were the political ideologies derived from the French Revolution more influential in terms of the role of women in the 19th century than those of the American Revolution?" or something :P Depending on how many sources you can find, you might have to limit it further, by narrowing down the scope in terms of period or region.