Help-Bilingual Diploma recognition in UK?

=-=

Hi everyone :),

So I was just wondering, what difference does a "bilingual diploma" make in prestigious British universities like Oxbridge?

I am currently doing English Lit HL and Chinese Lit&Lang SL, but i am finding it very difficult to keep a high tier grade for both of the subjects at the same time. One of the options for me is to drop English to language B, but according to my English teacher, the course would be "too easy" for me. I guess my question is that, would it be worth it to get lower points with two language A instead of higher points but with English B?

I would really appreciate your help :D

honestly i don't think a bilingual diploma means that much and usually the total score matters more than the subjects. to study in England you may have to take the TOEFL tests but given that you're doing english lit hl I really don't think that would be to hard or anything and doing english b will probably guarantee you a 6- 7 so i would recommend you do it

I used to have English A and Norwegian A, but I found the workload too much for me. So I changed from Norwegian A to B despite my teachers mentioned that this was going to be too easy to me (which it is), and I would most likely get an easy 7. 

I am also applying for UK universities, and I think it would be beneficial to have English A. However, if you get a good grade in English B, I don't think it would be a problem at all :)

I would also like to say that I got a conditional offer from one universities in which I should get a minimum 5 in English A SL (and 5 in Math SL). I don't think I would need to take TOEFL/IELTS test. But of course, it depends on what universities you're applying to. I'm not sure what their English requirements are in Oxbridge, but it could be wise to send them an e-mail, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am taking English B HL and  Turkish A Lit. SL among the other courses, and I was offered a place at Oxford, so I think you'll be fine. However, I did also send in IELTS scores along with my IB predictions, so maybe that was a plus for me.

Also, I don't know whether it makes a difference or not, but my school only offers English B anyway, so I couldn't have taken A anyway. Hope this helps.