A couple IA questions

afern98

• When it comes to word count what counts? Do section headers count? Does my bibliography count?
  • Should I be worried that I have no print sources? I have over ten sources right now, and multiple primary sources it just happens that they're all online.
  • Putting quotes in footnotes. Is it okay? How do I format it?

Thanks in advance!

1. No section headers don't count. Bibliography (list of sources) doesn't count. It's the stuff that you write for each section (including in-text reference if you use Harvard) that counts. 

2. No, you don't need to. All my sources were either from Yale Divinity School's online catalogue, or just downloaded from internet (because cant be stuffed buying them). But I do recommend going to your local reference library; there's so much stuff 

3. I don't think that's a good idea. It's ok to use footnote to elaborate on previous point, but dont make your footnote another IA in itself

Hey so I have a question for my history IA. For criterion C, Evaluation of Sources, I understand that one source must be a secondary source and one source must be a primary source. I just realized that my primary source may not be so primary. It is a letter from a Welsh soldier during WWI. I just realized that the document may have been translated from Welsh to English, so I was wondering if that still constitutes as a primary source, considering it may have been translated by a secondary source.  I understand that not all people from Wales speak Welsh…but I can't really prove that this letter was originally written in English either. So…should I change that source entirely or would it be okay to keep it?

Hey so I have a question for my history IA. For criterion C, Evaluation of Sources, I understand that one source must be a secondary source and one source must be a primary source. I just realized that my primary source may not be so primary. It is a letter from a Welsh soldier during WWI. I just realized that the document may have been translated from Welsh to English, so I was wondering if that still constitutes as a primary source, considering it may have been translated by a secondary source.  I understand that not all people from Wales speak Welsh…but I can't really prove that this letter was originally written in English either. So…should I change that source entirely or would it be okay to keep it?

If you have another primary source I'd use that just to be on the safe side. A quick look around the internet seems to say that translations still count, but you might want to ask your history teacher just to be on the safe side!