TOK KNOWLEDGE QUESTION

usernamed

I'm going to do my first TOK presentation on Sunday, and I need your opinion on a knowledge question I have formulated on an article.

Here's the article if you would like to view it: http://www.ibtimes.com/google-effect-changes-our-brains-299451

The article in a nutshell talks about how we are using Google and the internet in general as our main external memory, and that we're less likely to remember information now and rely on our memory as much, because we have such easy access to information on the internet.

The knowledge question I have formulated is this:

To what extent has the internet reconstructed our memory?

Your topic sounds nicee! maybe rephrase the question a bit cause I don't think the internet 'reconstructed' our memory, but changed the efficiency of memorizing information...

Your topic sounds nicee! maybe rephrase the question a bit cause I don't think the internet 'reconstructed' our memory, but changed the efficiency of memorizing information...

yeah, its interesting :D

How about "To what extent has the internet reorganized our memory?"

Because somewhere in the article it says, The internet has reorganized where our brain goes for information.

I would recommend rewording the question slightly

Original Question: To what extent has the internet reconstructed our memory?

New Question: To what extent has the internet become an extension of our memory?

I believe the new question covers more of what you are looking to cover. It goes into the same sort of stuff as the article does.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Well, maybe you can talk about shared knowledge, how it can shape you or your ideas. The fact that you usually learn somethings in the Internet who turned to be false. Can you get real knowledge from the Internet? Which one are the limitations of learning things through the sites of Internet?

I would talk in relation to what I mention above, trying to evaluate the knowledge that we can acquire through Internet nowadays. But, it all depends on you and what you like.

Edited by BrianHQ