History IA help!

RiahG22

Hi, so i'm struggling immensely with my Research Topic. I was wondering if you guys could help me work with, "To what extent did joining of the workforce in World War Two liberate women in the United States?†

Edited by RiahG22

Hi, so i'm struggling immensely with my Research Topic. I was wondering if you guys could help me work with, "To what extent did joining of the workforce in World War Two liberate women in the United States?†

So I don't have that much knowledge on this topic cuzzz i didn't study the liberation of women :D but Ill just give you a few ideas I guess? Might not be useful at all hahaha

First for your research question, you will need to define what you mean by liberated.  Also the research question kinda makes it sound like no women were in the workforce before WW2. Maybe it would be better to phrase it:

"to what extent was the mass influx of women into the the American workforce after WW2 the main factor leading to the liberation of women in the United States?" 

Also look at the other factors that caused this liberation besides joining the workforce. You could also argue that liberation of women was already happening and would have happened regardless of WW2. I suppose a likely conclusion would be that mass joining the workforce catalysed the liberation.

It would be useful to look at some primary sources too, in terms of how joining the workforce liberated particular women etc. Try for a good combination of reliable primary and secondary sources. 

You will also need to determine what facts/figures signify the liberation of women e.g. more women voting? Im not really sure :D 

Sorry if that wasn't much help, maybe if you have a more specific question I can try to answer it. Good luck!