IB-UAI mark conversions 2009

Haney

Hello- here's my 2nd attempt:
does anybody know the IB mark conversions into UAI for 2009 exams?
i've heard rumours that the IB is lowering the marks so that we will be more equal with the HSC students...
is this true?
and secondly- how do you fing domain and range on a graphics calculator? (hopeless at technology.... sorry...)

I actually do know about it, just don't know what it stands for :o

Haney - on a TI GDC, you'll have to just look at the chart to figure out the range / domain, there's no way of the calculator telling you what the domain and range is. I don't think anyway.

The UAI conversions have been steadily dropping, mainly because NSW wants to protects its crappy HSC from appearing weak in comparison to the IB (even if such an appearance would be fair). Nevertheless, the decreases have only been in very small increments - 38 is still just under 99 - I think it was 98.90 last year? So we're not getting ripped off too much... can't get 100.00 though, 45 is only 99.95...dirty!

[quote name='HMSChocolate' post='23296' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:53 AM']UAI-IB conversion: [url="http://www.uac.edu.au/admin/int_bacc.html"]http://www.uac.edu.au/admin/int_bacc.html[/url]

You do realise that very few people here will actually know what a UAI is? :) [/quote]
well i didn't... but i'm starting too... :)

[quote name='Aboo' post='23298' date='Sep 4 2008, 12:31 PM']I actually do know about it, just don't know what it stands for :P

Haney - on a TI GDC, you'll have to just look at the chart to figure out the range / domain, there's no way of the calculator telling you what the domain and range is. I don't think anyway.[/quote]
wow... my internet just went haywire... dunno what happened; but my orginal reply was along the lines of REALLY?! and DISAPPOINTMENT and I HATE FUNCTIONS, with a thank you attached :)

[quote name='Gilly' post='23300' date='Sep 4 2008, 01:17 PM']The UAI conversions have been steadily dropping, mainly because NSW wants to protects its crappy HSC from appearing weak in comparison to the IB (even if such an appearance would be fair). Nevertheless, the decreases have only been in very small increments - 38 is still just under 99 - I think it was 98.90 last year? So we're not getting ripped off too much... can't get 100.00 though, 45 is only 99.95...dirty![/quote]
sigh... Totally in agreement :P You're australian right?! where are you? i'm in Penrith, NSW. (and once again... I don't stalk :o )