University in the UK

Cami

When you submit your UCAS form, that allows you to apply for 5 universities in the UK at once, it has a section entitled Reference. In the reference section, your nominated teacher of choice can write a recommendation for you.

The US and UK university system is very different. Very very different.

When you submit your UCAS form, that allows you to apply for 5 universities in the UK at once, it has a section entitled Reference. In the reference section, your nominated teacher of choice can write a recommendation for you.

The US and UK university system is very different. Very very different.

So I cannot send a reference from someone who knows me, but isn't my teacher? :P

So I cannot send a reference from someone who knows me, but isn't my teacher? :P

No. The British system is not like the American system :P . They don't care if you know somebody important because it doesn't actually tell whether you're an apt candidate or not. Instead they want that a teacher of yours writes it, so that they'll find out more about your academic side, your effort etc.

I just heard that you cannot apply to Oxbridge with Eng. B HL!

That A2 is a requirement..!

Is that really true 8-)

It means that you'll have to take a language test... a standardized test with one of those fancy four-letter-abbreviated-i'm-so-cool names. You should have no problem passing it.

It means that you'll have to take a language test... a standardized test with one of those fancy four-letter-abbreviated-i'm-so-cool names. You should have no problem passing it.

Oh. It's just that!

Then it's a piece of cake with Eng. B still! 8-)

Edited by Cami