Donating blood - Service hours?

Aninda Saha

Hey guys, I've been donating blood for the past few blood drives held at my school and obviously that's a service to the community. I was just wondering if I could include that into my CAS journal? And if so, how could I ask for any hours? It takes literally less than 15 minutes to donate a pint.

Thanks.

Hey guys, I've been donating blood for the past few blood drives held at my school and obviously that's a service to the community. I was just wondering if I could include that into my CAS journal? And if so, how could I ask for any hours? It takes literally less than 15 minutes to donate a pint.

Even though you have done a great service to the public and it also shows how much you care for the society, I don't think this can be counted as CAS hour, simply because it's not an activity. In other words, it's because you don't have to make any efforts when you donate your blood. On the hand, if you actually participate yourself in the blood-donating process, like spreading awareness to the public, encouraging people to donate their own bloods, or helping to organize the blood-donating event, then that would be a perfect service for CAS. Otherwise, spending 15 minutes donating your own blood cannot be counted as a service in CAS.

• Like 1

Even though you have done a great service to the public and it also shows how much you care for the society, I don't think this can be counted as CAS hour, simply because it's not an activity. In other words, it's because you don't have to make any efforts when you donate your blood. On the hand, if you actually participate yourself in the blood-donating process, like spreading awareness to the public, encouraging people to donate their own bloods, or helping to organize the blood-donating event, then that would be a perfect service for CAS. Otherwise, spending 15 minutes donating your own blood cannot be counted as a service in CAS.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Just getting my CAS journal sorted today so I wanted to clarify. Thanks a lot. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...