HI

I'm currently doing my TOK presentation. My knowledge question is: To what extent does authority shape knowledge?

I have all my claims (regarding the areas of knowledge of: Religion, Human Sciences and The Arts)

But I have no idea of what counterclaims I could use, as in how authority does not shape knowledge.

Do you have any ideas or examples????? pleaseee helpp 

CLAIMS

-AOK: Religion WOK: Faith

teenager died due to appendicitis after his parents refused medical care because their religion didn't allow it and believed that faith and prayer was going to be able to cure him

AOK: Arts WOK: Emotion

Personal Example:

DIsney movies 

Villans always have robust features (ursula from the little mermaid), they're old figures (snow white). 

Heroes or good people are always strong (for male's) and skinny (female's)  (mulan, aladin, all the disney princesses )

CLAIMS
-AOK: Religion WOK: Faith
teenager died due to appendicitis after his parents refused medical care because their religion didn't allow it and believed that faith and prayer was going to be able to cure him

AOK: Arts WOK: Emotion
Personal Example:
DIsney movies 
Villans always have robust features (ursula from the little mermaid), they're old figures (snow white). 
Heroes or good people are always strong (for male's) and skinny (female's)  (mulan, aladin, all the disney princesses )

Perhaps I'm just not thinking about them in the right way, but in what way do these examples relate to authority shaping knowledge? :blink:

• Like 1