FOA help and advice needed.

Hi, 

I´m doing my part 1 FOA at the moment and I need some advice. My topic is "How men lecture and women listen" chapter5 in the book "You just don´t understand" by Deborah Tannen. 

What kind of text(s) could be appropriate for this task? 

Is it a good idea to analyse the ways men and women behave in discussions separately and how men and women listen separately and present the misunderstandings and "stuff like that" that occurs? Or should I make into one big topic presenting the "ways" women and men discuss, in different groups and settings, eg mixed groups, only men groups and only women groups?

Thanks for any advice.  

I figure either way is fine. You will want to focus on stuff like how the devices used work on the audience and stuff like that. I mean, it really doesnt matter which way you do it. What matters is how you present (confidence, clarity etc), how many devices you found, and explained their effect on the audience. So you are kind of ****ed if you cannot supply those. Also, make sure you ask your teacher for help, before the actual FOA.

I dont know texts that could help you, so i wont comment on those.

Hope I helped

I figure either way is fine. You will want to focus on stuff like how the devices used work on the audience and stuff like that. I mean, it really doesnt matter which way you do it. What matters is how you present (confidence, clarity etc), how many devices you found, and explained their effect on the audience. So you are kind of ****ed if you cannot supply those. Also, make sure you ask your teacher for help, before the actual FOA.

I dont know texts that could help you, so i wont comment on those.

Hope I helped

What do you mean by "how the devices work on the audience", like what "devices"? :)