What if i have some relevant experience but they are not DECENT experience? Should i put them in my ps?

eel7x6

I have this experience - I was charged with shop theft and was the 'criminal' in court. I actually did commit the theft but it was due to my emotional instability (family issues, to get attention).

I am going to apply for law thru ucas, and should i put this into my ps? what i want to say is that my second time to the court (when i was interned in a law firm during summer, i had the chance to go) is very meaningful to me, because now i am being on the other side, not the criminal side.

should i include this? it seems like a crazy idea but it really did influence the way i see court...would the exp itself put me down?
(btw, i didnt have any criminal record because of that, i was under 15 then)

thanks for ur suggestion

the only sensible reason I'm thinking of as to why you'd do that, is if you wanted the admission officer to relate to you rather than consider you another piece of ps statement... but it is quite controversial so might come back and bite you in the ass

EDIT: why isn't ass censored!

[quote]But I think you did a v. good job asking about this on the forum. I would concentrate on this work experience you had at a lawyer's and then maybe write how [insert v. fancy word here] it was to experience this side, as your previous experience concerning courts was watching it on tv and reading about it in the news[/quote]
That's not [i]entirely [/i]a lie! :o

Look, reality is, any uni would get more applications than they can accept. They don't have to accept you. They have never met you, you are just another piece of paper. You put this kind of experience in, now matter how it might change you or whatever, it still show that one side of you that works against you. Perhaps in one aspect it might bring you up but in other aspect it brings you down significantly more. It would do you more harm than good.