How important are the Predicted grades ?

I have no idea how important is the predicted grade . We use it to apply for university ? One of my teacher doesn't know anything about IB system at all , and I worried she will give me a bad predicted grade .........

OR can I take a gap year and use my actual result to apply for college ??

Your predicted grades are pretty important when applying to university but it does depend on the country. For example, American universities don't take predicted grades into consideration, only your semester IB grades (internal grades). Where as British universities base their offers heavily off predicted scores e.g. you'll need to apply with a predicted score of 36+ to be considered for x course - each course has a minimum score requirement so if you're predicted score is lower than that then you probably won't get an offer. You definitely have the option of taking a gap year and applying to university with your official IB score, highly doubt there are any universities out there that are against this.

Your teacher will most likely base your predicted score on internal tests/exams, homework, labs etc that you've done. So ensure that you get good grades consistently throughout and you're teacher will have no reason to give you a bad predicted score.

Hello!

First of all, yes, you apply with you're predicted grades unless you take a year off - which is entirely possible ^_^ That makes them incredibly important.

If you apply to the US, the predicted grades actually matter more than your actual grades, because there you'd get an unconditional offer (you just have to pass the diploma). In the UK, you're still applying with your predicted, but you'd get a conditional offer - meaning that you would have to fulfill a minimum number of points in your actual results. I don't know how it works in Germany, unfortunately :S 

So, predicted grades = extremely important! Maybe you can explain the system to your teacher?