SL Lang Lit WT1

Hi!

I'm doing my first written task right now, and I'm basically looking for some advice about whether or not my idea would be appropriate.

I was hoping to do 2 editorials (as editorials tend to be roughly 400 words), with both of them discussing the current protests occurring in Hong Kong, but from differing angles (For example, one from the view of a pro-democracy HK-based magazine, and a more conservative pro-Beijing, also HK- based, magazine)

Would this be suitable?

Thank you! :)

Edited by DuffsterCole

This would not allow you much room for each.

Remember there is a tight word limit for a WT. Within that limit your need to demonstrate your understanding of the topic and write a full editorial. I am assuming that you are using the term correctly, and that this is not a letter to the editor..... ,Rather than trying to squeeze two editorials in one WT, better to base your task on an *already-published editorial* (let's say a liberal editorial, which you'll attach to your WT)  and, inspiring yourself from this, write a corresponding conservative editorial,  by way of contrast.

Your rationale would discuss the language/stylistic choices you had to make a conservative stance visible ...the effects of these choices, ideological implications etc. 

Edited by Blackcurrant
  • Like 1