French B High Workload?

JamesJ

I'm a bit confused by my I.B. programme so far, as my SL teachers (barring one - but I'm getting ahead of myself, here) have seemed to suggest that they don't plan to crush their poor students under homework for their courses so we can focus on our HLs - which makes sense, at least to me, because if I planned on making use of those SLs in the future they'd be HL.

However, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but school has been in for about a week now and my French B course has already assigned far more homework (hours wise) than all my other subjects combined. Is this normal? I understand that all other courses will probably increase dramatically in workload, but I've spend a good few hours today solely on French... after my second class. Perhaps I'm just bad at it, but it seems a bit much for an SL.

So, yeah, TL;DR, is it normal for French B to have a high workload compared to other SL courses?

How much homework are you guys getting assigned exactly? Does everyone in your class feel the same way?

In my class I wouldn't say we get a lot of homework really, however its only the third week of school and already had back to back evaluations and stuff so yeah that was a bit intense. 

And really, even if youre not getting assigned homework, because this is a second language youre studying, you want to practise each day, whether with reading, writing, listening etc.

j'èspere que ça t'as aidé :)