New to this site - hi

benjaminlee92

I'm new to both this forum and IB

My school year just started and i am part of the second cohort doing IB in my school.

My school uses my iGCSE grades to predict my IB scores and submits those grades to my desired uni

Here are my grades:
Edexcel:
English Literature - B
Mathematics - A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Biology - A
Business Studies - A
Music - B
Mandarin - A*
Food Tech - D

AQA:
English Language - A

My 6 current IB choices are as follows:
English 1st language(SL)
Maths (HL)
Mandarin 2nd language(SL)
Physics (HL)
Business and Management (HL)
Chemistry (SL) (I am thinking of changing this to Bio)

I aim to do a double major in Accountancy and Finance

- Will I get good predicted grades?
- Should I change my options? I have 2 days to consider.

the combination physics and bio is uncommon, and is almost never required for any uni, (if it is, you also need chem)
and so i think that having chem will give you a wider coice of uni after IB. (if you decide to do something else)
Also i don't like business and managaement, as this is considered "soft" and your other subject are quit hard, so maybe taking something else will give you better prepration for collage? but the last is just my opinion (I would take economics if possible)

Edited by Xerox

well, i dont understand the logic in taking your iGCSE grades to predict your IB grades because, IB is way tougher than iGCSE. if thats the case, then i could get at least 39/42 for my IB, but sadly, that is not the case. im extremely far away from 39 )):

econs is a good subject to take. i dont know why i didnt take it. and maybe you want to higher something else and drop english A1 HL to SL because english HL is exhausting. and i have to agree, that physics and bio is a very uncommon combination. in my entire cohort, only 1 person is doing that combi... most pple take chem and another science... it really depends on what you want to study in the future

oops sorry i dont know what's wrong with me today. i keep reading things wrongly. i read that you were taking english HL. ok good that you're doing SL.
i think you should stick to chem, instead of switching to bio.