Bruh, Long Term Causes in WWI? Going With Nationalism On This One

cynthia.morris27

Hey guys so I am assigned my first ever, IB research essay. Our prompt is this: Explain clearly and concisely one of the primary causes for the specifics of WWI and how the cause was crucial in starting the WWI. Please give specifics and extend beyond what the book states.

One cause, and research it. Seems simple ya? Nah. The cause I picked is solidly on nationalism but it is such a broad topic. I'm starting from the time of Otto van Bismarck unifying German kingdoms and Prussia and I have already gone too deep with that one event in research and I feel it's trailing away from a direct explanation on how nationalism caused WWI. Any tips on or example essays you may have to help me stay on the topic, simply, clearly, and directly? I know my teacher is asking for specifics but specifics can be a bit too specific.

If y'all need a clarification on what I want, hit me up. But I need this done.

Thanks all!

Edited by cynthia.morris27

Hey guys so I am assigned my first ever, IB research essay. Our prompt is this: Explain clearly and concisely one of the primary causes for the specifics of WWI and how the cause was crucial in starting the WWI. Please give specifics and extend beyond what the book states.

One cause, and research it. Seems simple ya? Nah. The cause I picked is solidly on nationalism but it is such a broad topic. I'm starting from the time of Otto van Bismarck unifying German kingdoms and Prussia and I have already gone too deep with that one event in research and I feel it's trailing away from a direct explanation on how nationalism caused WWI. Any tips on or example essays you may have to help me stay on the topic, simply, clearly, and directly? I know my teacher is asking for specifics but specifics can be a bit too specific.

If y'all need a clarification on what I want, hit me up. But I need this done.

Thanks all!

Listen, um, bruh? If you need specifics for your essay, maybe you should do some research. Pick a few countries (no more than 3 probably) that were important to the start of World War I and examine how that contributed to them joining the war. Did the public pressure the leaders to join in? Did countries join in for cultural pride beyond a single country because of shared religions or ideals? Did nationalist radicals of any country happen to assassinate anyone important? I'm purposely being vague.

By the way, that doesn't sound like an actual IB question (mostly because of the "beyond the book" part). But whenever you do get an IB question, you should look up the command term (the first word or phrase that tells you what you're supposed to do, like To What Extent or In What Ways. In this case, it would be Explain). The IB has specific criteria for each command term that they expect you to memorize and meet.

• Like 1