Should I do Visual Arts HL or SL?

helpwithib

I have 4 HLs at is it is already, Physics SL, and Visual Arts HL/SL which I have to decide quickly whether to do HL or SL. My teacher recommends that I do HL because it gives me more time to prepare for the test and improve. Is he right?

However, I would like to keep 4 HL classes but am willing to take 5 if it seems necessary in this case. I am not very good at art and I know if I choose option B the IB people will not be so critical of the product than the research, so would HL be a smarter choice? The entire rest of my class chose the HL option which also gives me more anxiety to doing SL because (a) my teacher says it's more condensed, (b) I'm in it alone with not a lot of help from my peers, © I'm a guinea pig since it's my school's first year offering this class.

Your teacher doesn't seem to understand the differences between SL and HL art from what I'm gathering. You need to turn in more pieces of art in HL, and have more required hours to be doing the art. That leaves you less time for other things such as "preparing for the test."Now, since there isn't actually a test at all that I'm aware of, this is really ignorant of your teacher. You have your investigative workbook and your studio work and an interview to talk about them. That's it. You won't need time to 'study." I don't know about it giving you more time to improve, but you'll have no choice but to do more pieces, and you'll be graded harsher, so you'll want to be improving if you want to do well :)