Math ia Need topic ASAP

Enter_God_Mode

Hello,

I recently wanted to start writing my math ia and ee, so for my ia i had chosen the euler's number as a topic. I realised that it is impossible to write an ia on euler's number since there is nothing to prove ( i had no research question, no nothing, i just had found the topic on ibmathresources). So i changed my mind and decided to do an ia with a mathematical induction, so what i am asking is ideas from you for mathematical induction topics.

We can't give you a topic, that's something you must think of yourself. This is YOUR assignment and YOU must come up with the topic, not us. Once you come up with something we can give you feedback on it, but we're not going to do the work for you.

Think a little bit harder and stop being lazy.

• Like 1

Like Emmi said, we can't give you a topic. However, I know how it is. I found it terribly hard to find a topic.

I'd advise you to look into theorems and such on wikipedia. Find something interesting, and apply it to something you're interested in. I found that much easier than picking a topic and then working backwards into mathematics, as I think that tends to produce a more basic piece of work.

• 11 months later...

Try giving a look at this link for more topics: http://www.dpcdsb.org/NR/rdonlyres/FE43C622-9FA0-4385-8E19-0C539513295E/133918/ListofPotentialTopicsfortheExploration1.pdf

Or if you want to stick to mathematical induction, think of its various applications and maybe well-known formulas or theorems proved with it.

This might give you inspiration: http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-use-of-Mathematical-Induction-in-real-life