"Certified hard copy" of diploma

HedHead

The IBO issues the diplomas, which are sent to your school, which are then sent to you. I believe they're sent sometime by the end of the summer. Ask your IB coordinator for the actual diploma and let them know that you need it for your uni.

• Like 1

Hi,

I got an e-mail from a uni telling me that I have to send them a "Certified hard copy" of my IBDP. Any idea how I can get my hands on such a copy? Should it be issued by my school or the IBO?

Thanks

The only other thing you might want to check is that if they want a 'certified' copy sometimes they want someone to sign the copy to verify it's real (eg by a JP) - but you might want to check with your uni. Otherwise, a copy of the certificate is usually totally fine!

Hi,

I got an e-mail from a uni telling me that I have to send them a "Certified hard copy" of my IBDP. Any idea how I can get my hands on such a copy? Should it be issued by my school or the IBO?

Thanks

The only other thing you might want to check is that if they want a 'certified' copy sometimes they want someone to sign the copy to verify it's real (eg by a JP) - but you might want to check with your uni. Otherwise, a copy of the certificate is usually totally fine!

The IBO issues the diplomas, which are sent to your school, which are then sent to you. I believe they're sent sometime by the end of the summer. Ask your IB coordinator for the actual diploma and let them know that you need it for your uni.

Thanks for your replies.

I've contacted my coordinator, and she informed me that I won't receive the hard copy of my diploma until the end of August and, due to the break, there's nothing she can do about it at this time. The problem is that the university demands that I send them a copy before 1. August. As it says on the results page that "A print of this screen or screenshot cannot be used as an official results document and will not be accepted for university entrance or job applications", I'm guessing that's a dead end. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

I've contacted my coordinator, and she informed me that I won't receive the hard copy of my diploma until the end of August and, due to the break, there's nothing she can do about it at this time. The problem is that the university demands that I send them a copy before 1. August. As it says on the results page that "A print of this screen or screenshot cannot be used as an official results document and will not be accepted for university entrance or job applications", I'm guessing that's a dead end. Any suggestions?

That is annoying indeed, and I get why you are worried. What I would suggest you firstly try is asking your university whether it's okay if they receive your results slightly later - usually they're okay with it. If that's not okay, what you could do is get one of your teachers (hopefully you can catch them now before they are inaccessible during the break) to write you some kind of signed and official document/letter/transcript type thing testifying that these are the results you received from the IB, though of course that doesn't make it an official IB document. It does however have more credibility than the screenshot/print. The other option you have is to get the IB to release your results directly to your university - though that again is not a hard copy, and not all universities/countries have a system where the IB can officially release your diploma results to them (though a lot do) - and it may be too late to organise. Hopefully it will all work out for you!

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

That is annoying indeed, and I get why you are worried. What I would suggest you firstly try is asking your university whether it's okay if they receive your results slightly later - usually they're okay with it. If that's not okay, what you could do is get one of your teachers (hopefully you can catch them now before they are inaccessible during the break) to write you some kind of signed and official document/letter/transcript type thing testifying that these are the results you received from the IB, though of course that doesn't make it an official IB document. It does however have more credibility than the screenshot/print. The other option you have is to get the IB to release your results directly to your university - though that again is not a hard copy, and not all universities/countries have a system where the IB can officially release your diploma results to them (though a lot do) - and it may be too late to organise. Hopefully it will all work out for you!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, your help is much appreciated. 

They did receive my results electronically directly from the IBO, so I can't say that I get why they'd need an additional copy at this point. However I did contact them, and even though they didn't really respond to any of my questions, I received an e-mail confirming my unconditional admittance just a few minutes later. Guess that means it worked out :good:  Thanks again