Revision for IOCs?

Hi all,

For the IOC, is there any effective way to revise? It seems to be an on-the-spot thing given its nature as an oral presentation, unlike a regular commentary, so how should one revise for it?

Should I just do practice IOCs in the mirror, or is there a more effective way?

Cheers!

Edited by Edouard

For poems (if you're HL)/ Shakespearean soliloquies, I strongly suggest annotating every single piece and doing a practise IOC for all of them. Read through all the stories try to annotate significant points... do practise IOCs on pages that have a lot to talk about

I've 'memorised' an introduction for each of my texts just to ensure that I start my commentary confidently....

Yeah, if you're HL go over every poem you studied in depth and make a thesis on each of them. I had Robert Frost poems for IOC and ended up with After Apple Picking which was good because I prepped for that one. Also trace significant motifs in the novels you're reading and tie in author's purpose. Good luck!

Guest Marioti

I practiced basically all outlines I had.

I also recorded myself presenting it in order to listen and see where I missed things or where I had mistakes. I then also got my friends to listen :)

It's a great way to practice, cause she you're just repeating you sometimes don't notice what you miss or how you're actually sounding.