Geography IA Rivers Conclusion

Deep.

I'm doing my Geography IA on "to what extent does a river follow the bradshaw model". Does anyone have an example of a rivers conclusion? I'm so confused. Or just an explanation of what should be included in the conclusion would be super helpful :)

Hey! I didn't do my IA on rivers or on physical geography, but I'm fairly sure that Example 3 of a Geography IA from the IB is on the Bradshaw model of a river (albeit it's not a very good conclusion). I can't manage to find a link to it online, but hopefully your teachers/classmates will have access to it. Basically, in the conclusion what you have to do is present a summary of your answer to the fieldwork question - so, you summarise the results/analysis and whether the various aspects of the river you researched follows the model. You talk about faults/improvements in the later evaluation section.

Hope I'm not too late for you. I did the same IA and got a 6 (not bad considering I did procrastinate a little too much...), so if you're willing to take my advice, my conclusion essentially stated that:

-the river we studied followed the BRM in aspects a, b, c (like discharge, velocity, etc.)

-the river we studied did NOT follow the BRM in aspects d, e, f, (other characteristics shown on the model)

-this anomaly may have been caused by our measuremeants or

-by the fact that the BRM is idealised, and

-Overall, the river did indeed follow the Bradshaw River Model.

• Like 1