Made a stupid mistake on Paper 2 TZ1. Will IB give me Error Carried Forward?

V For Vendetta.

So for the deer question, they said that t=1 for Jan 1st 2014 and t was in months. I assumed that t was in days (didn't read the question properly) so I counted ALL the way till May 1st 2014 and I got 121 days. My steps were right and I would have gotten the right answer if I used t=5 instead of using t=121. Will IB give me Error Carried Forward or will I lose 8 marks? :/

Guest Marioti

You won't get 0 marks for it if you completed the other questions correctly (If you plugged in the number your got for 121 days in the other questions)

If there weren't any other questions after that one (that required the number you got for the questions you did wrong), then you will most likely get 1 point for the equation you used and that's it. This is because the other mark would've been for the correct answer

If you described your reasoning on the other parts and just plugged in a wrong value, because of an error committed at a previous part, you will still get the marks for it. You will (of course) not get all 8 marks, but you could get up to 6 marks I think, if everything else is right.