Math Paper 1 and 2 HL TZ0

kat_333

hey guys , didnt u find paper 1 very hard? the last question with the 3 complex series was so weird!

paper 2 wayy better

from what ive been hearing, i think math has been hard in generally

hopefully they will lower the grade boundaries for this year

does every timezone exam have different boundaries or is it math hl as a whole?

Different Timezone gets different subject report, so I'm assuming they have different grade boundaries.

And what's TZ0? I thought it was either TZ1 (North America) or TZ2(Africa, Asia) (idk where Europe/Australia belongs)

But then my HL paper 1 and 2 were in TZ1 and paper 3 was in TZ0. So bizzare

And what's TZ0? I thought it was either TZ1 (North America) or TZ2(Africa, Asia) (idk where Europe/Australia belongs)

AFAIK paper 1 and 2 have two time zones (TZ1 and TZ2), but paper 3 doesn't because there's relatively few people taking each paper, so they make it as TZ0 to indicate there aren't any timezones.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a TZ0 for P1 and P2, since the OP is from Greece I'm guessing he's TZ1 (most countries in Europe are TZ2, but Greece for some reason is an exception).

Different Timezone gets different subject report, so I'm assuming they have different grade boundaries.

TZ1 is Americas (North and South), TZ2 is Europe, Africa and some parts of Asia (not sure about Eastern Asia though, countries like China and Japan). TZ0 is usually the november papers which are predominantly taken in Australia. However there are some HL subjects where both HL and SL students take the P1 & P2, but P3 is specific for HL students only. In this situation, the number of students taking P3 is much fewer (since SL students don't take this paper) and therefore there isn't a big need of having two different time zones, so TZ0 is given for the few students all around the world who are sitting that subject. The same situation also happens with subjects which are less popular than normal ones.

Edited by sameera95