Maths SL paper 2 TZ2

I was elated during the reading time in the beginning when I realized that the questions were so easy. However, because of that I didn't follow the time as closely as I should've during the exam and panicked when I had only 5 minutes left and I hadn't even started the last question yet. I also had to skip the binomial expansion -thing so I think all the good points I got from paper 1 were lost due to my own bad time management in paper 2.

whats the answer to the last question, about choosing at least 25 out of 100 trees, and the probability of it being giant trees.. something like that. I got about 52%, but somehow everyone i know has different answers. What did you get?

Hm i cant remember the numbers i got... Could you tell me ow you got that value? I think i used binompdf

Guest Arisa Morgan

I remember that the first probability I calculated of finding if the tree was a giant was 0.191. For that last part, I used binomcdf (since it's cumulative) and used 1-P(x<24) too. I don't know exactly but the number was pretty low, like 0.3 or 0.03..

• Like 2