ToK Presentation help

ducklingg

Okayy.. So i know there are alot of people that do this, but i've got a presentation coming up and ai need to think of a topic.
I've been looking around on the internet, but nothings really come to my attention.
I then started to look on the prescribed essay titles to see if there was anything i could do and i found two things, but im not to sure if they can be made into presentations =.

The two i found are..

"Are reason and emotion equally necessary in justifying moral decisions?"

“Context is all” (Margaret Atwood). Does this mean that there is no such thing as truth?

.. but does anyone know how i could make these into a presentation, or link them to a "current world event"?

or even better..

if anyone has some ideas.. like past presentation topics, or ones you found interesting?

Thanks =)

i would think that it would be too. just pick a topic you are interested in, that you can relate to all the areas, and maybe has a little contraversie to it.

i picked a political issue for mine that i liked, and realted to the areas or ways (sorry it has been awhile) and then i made it relate to the rext of the US and the world (US student have a tendancy to foget about the rest of the world so we had to have an over emphasis for one of my TOK teachers). a lot of poepl just when with a topic that interested them.

for "context is all" you can talk about capital punishment...depending on the circumstance when is it good/bad. i am not sure about the other one but in terms of presentation ideas u can do the really easy (i.e. a lot of ppl have done it) ones like:
beauty - what defines it, the justification for who's beautiful and what not...if you plan on doing this there's this really great video on youtube call "the human face". it goes into beauty in terms of cold reasoning (math and stuff) and also in terms of psychology.
media - its effect on the world in general - u can talk about how the different way of knowing (WoK) affects the knldg that we receive from the media
video games - its violence, impact on people, etc.

there was this group in our class who did it on what affects which university we choose to go to - its relevant cuz we're going to uni soon and they connected to tok and stuff. and lastly my grp did on "whether tibet is part of china or not". this is a hot topic now with the olympics in less than a week. we talked about the historical aspect and also how the different WoK affected which side ppl took on the issue

Hope this helps =)

haha, we have only done practice ones, and me and my friend did it on "how do we know if it is safe to cross the street"
my teacher who btw is like examiner for TOK thought it was original and intresting, however, i got the feeling that maybe
you should take something else. (we kicked ass anyways, he was totally suprised as i am the kid who he picks on
and the other guy has been so much absent from school)

But take a topic you like, and then try to relate to something that is maybe going on in your life.
Make it personal in a way or the other, so that you as a person can relate to the topic.
Then pick, don't wait to long, rather have a less brilliant topic and a good presentation then
a brilliant topic which you did not think through properly.