JMo

Hey all, we were assigned our group 4 project at my school, and I'm kind of confused...

Rather than allowing us to select our own topic (which seems to be the norm for most other IB schools), we were assigned a topic; Phillippi Creek, the body of water that runs behind our school. What I'm stuck on is what type of topics should be drawn from this, for Biology and Chemistry. My teacher was going on about 'sub-topics' and I couldn't really figure it out...how convenient that she's been gone for the past two days since we learned about the project. If someone could break down what exactly I'm meant to do for this, it'd be greatly appreciated! We have two weeks to do the project, and so far my group has zilch.

Edited by JMo

The group 4 project is mostly about the team effort rather than the complexity of the science or the quality of the write-up. If your environment is a creek, you could look into the acidity of soil at different points along the shore. Another point of interest could be an investigation into the density of marine life in different areas of the creek (crayfish often live around blockages / above small falls.

You'll be graded around your knowledge of the entire project (your ability to explain everyone's part of the project), so be sure to keep an open mind and get informed on what everyone else is doing as well.

• Like 1