Translating or programming as a CAS activity

Guest Tommy Lee

Guest Tommy Lee

Hi again,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to count translating sites/videos/etc. and writing/translating subtitles to a video as a CAS activity. And does it look more like a creativity or a service?

In my opinion it seems as a quite extraordinary thing to do so I doubt anybody do/did it as CAS, but it you did it would be superb if you share your experiences.

Also, I thought about involving computer programming into CAS, but I don't have any specific idea so far since I'm at the beginner level. Do you think it would count? Have anybody tried computer programming as CAS?

Creativity= creating things.

Is programming creating something? Yes. Absolutely. Even as a beginner, set goals. Create a simple html webpage, or program a simple galaga game.

Is translating creating something? Eh... kind of, not really. Probably not the kind you're doing. If you're translating videos that are for a good cause because they spread awareness or something, I'd call it service. You could probably argue creativity, but I think it is a harder argument than I'd ever like to try to make.

If you find it as a creative process and are really thinking hard about word choice and accurate translation, it might be creative. But it is up to you and your CAS advisor.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

In the example of programming/coding mentioned earlier, how exactly would I prove that I've spent a certain amount of time on a certain project. For example, lets say I make a web page and it takes me a week long to complete. However there is no one supervising me, so how would I give evidence to support my hours?