SL Biology TZ1 Paper 1 & 2

ibnerdcando

Hey!

I found paper 1 to be pretty easy with a few sneaky questions.

What did you guys get for the multiple choice questions asking about:

- what causes gene mutation

- where action potential occurs

As for Paper 2, I thought it wasn't bad at all! I choose 5. for section B cause it was stuff from topic 3.

I was surprised that there was barely anything for topic 5!

Ok guys help! What did you put for the question that talked about "describe the relationship between surface to volume ratio..." i put that surface area increased as the cell increased but at a much slower rate than volume, thus making the cell be limited in size. then i said that it needed less surface area than volume in order to give time the cell to exchange waste materials and take in other...

what about ratio genotypes and phenotypes?!?! it knocked me off that question, since when phenotypes have ratios? phenotype is the overall characteristic/trait of that organism, how can i give a symbolic representation for that? i really got confused!

magnification no idea... what size did you got for the micrometer? i got 8.2um (lol but not too sure).

im really scared because section a was kind of **** (i also got the phyla wrong), but section b was fine (i did trophic levels)

how was it for u guys??

Ok guys help! What did you put for the question that talked about "describe the relationship between surface to volume ratio..." i put that surface area increased as the cell increased but at a much slower rate than volume, thus making the cell be limited in size. then i said that it needed less surface area than volume in order to give time the cell to exchange waste materials and take in other...

what about ratio genotypes and phenotypes?!?! it knocked me off that question, since when phenotypes have ratios? phenotype is the overall characteristic/trait of that organism, how can i give a symbolic representation for that? i really got confused!

magnification no idea... what size did you got for the micrometer? i got 8.2um (lol but not too sure).

im really scared because section a was kind of **** (i also got the phyla wrong), but section b was fine (i did trophic levels)

how was it for u guys??

Hey Arnau, are you talking about TZ1 or TZ2? And was the surface area to volume question in section A?

For paper 1, what was the favourable variation that could become less favourable??

A lot of people said Climate Change, but to me the only logical answer seemed to be Overpopulation.

(p.s. about the magnification, pretty sure that it was 5000)

ok so i got the magnification wrong obv never understood it hahah

i've put climate change! overpopulation would be seen as 'competition' and favourable variation would give advantages to the overproduction of offspring... so the only thing that could make a favourable variation less favourable would be something abiotic... but i don't know i can't be 100% sure, this is the problem with abcd exams they can be so tricky!

how was it for u guys??

Hey Arnau, are you talking about TZ1 or TZ2? And was the surface area to volume question in section A?

how was it for u guys??

yes tz2 section a!