gator124

Hey guys so when I took a multiple choice paper 1, it said to put Xs in the box for an answer in pencil. I put them in pencil but I didn't make them very dark, so does anyone know if the multiple choice answer sheets are mailed or scanned? I fear that if they are scanned my answers won't show up. Also, is there anything I can do at this point?!

Edited by Sandwich
Do not use all caps in titles please.

Hey guys so when I took a multiple choice paper 1, it said to put Xs in the box for an answer in pencil. I put them in pencil but I didn't make them very dark, so does anyone know if the multiple choice answer sheets are mailed or scanned? I fear that if they are scanned my answers won't show up. Also, is there anything I can do at this point?!

our teacher told us that they should be light and not dark so don't worry :)!

Wupsi, so I basically made them very very dark, do you think this will be a problem? I had like 15 minutes left and decided to make sure my Xs were extremely dark :DD

• Like 1

Wupsi, so I basically made them very very dark, do you think this will be a problem? I had like 15 minutes left and decided to make sure my Xs were extremely dark :DD

It's picked up by a scanner so it should be fine. What I'm worried about is where I've changed answers and I couldn't rub out the pencil marks entirely - I hope it doesn't scan as having 2 answers!

• Like 2

Be confident you guys, stop worrying! :rolleyes: I'm sure that shading those MCQs in whatever way they specify is for their convenience, but if it is not scanned properly surely they will fix it rather than give you a zero! There is at least some human factor involved in the IB examination marking process, you guys!

Edited by LeonieIB
  • Like 1

Hi guys, did anyone find the Biology SL TZ2 exam difficult ?

Very much so. I wanted to create a discussion thread about this except that it is too early according to the 24-hour rule. I took SL P1 & P2 yesterday and it was the hardest biology exam I have taken in these two years.

• Like 1

Very much so. I wanted to create a discussion thread about this except that it is too early according to the 24-hour rule. I took SL P1 & P2 yesterday and it was the hardest biology exam I have taken in these two years.

oh my god me tooooo! I Literally cried after the exam! Lets create a discussion thread please i wanna know if we're the only ones who found it that hard

oh my god me tooooo! I Literally cried after the exam! Lets create a discussion thread please i wanna know if we're the only ones who found it that hard

guys wait! 24 hours is almost up, at least for me anyways (i did HL)

• Like 1

We will be allowed to do so on this forum in a couple of hours - 18:00 GMT (May 2014 Exam Discussion Schedule).

You can PM me if you wish, but we cannot discuss specific questions via posts just yet.

But I also want to confirm with others at least some questions I remember to see if I got them right :dontgetit:

If many found the exam difficult, by the way, and the average was low, there is a possibility that the mark boundaries will be lowered.

We will be allowed to do so on this forum in a couple of hours - 18:00 GMT (May 2014 Exam Discussion Schedule).

You can PM me if you wish, but we cannot discuss specific questions via posts just yet.

But I also want to confirm with others at least some questions I remember to see if I got them right :dontgetit:

If many found the exam difficult, by the way, and the average was low, there is a possibility that the mark boundaries will be lowered.

It has been already 24 hours in my country, but we'll wait till 18:00

Yes me tooo. I'll PM You now

It's picked up by a scanner so it should be fine. What I'm worried about is where I've changed answers and I couldn't rub out the pencil marks entirely - I hope it doesn't scan as having 2 answers!

I have the same worry where I changed a few of my answers, but hopefully it'll only recognise the bolder lines I made on my new answers :)

Please note that ALL discussion is prohibited until after 24 hours have passed. Whether it is via PM or on the public forum. The moderating staff are able to check PMs if they feel there is any cause for concern that discussion is happening before it is permitted.

• Like 1

I had a question about writing in the boxes during the short answer question. I wrote in the box provided, and the exam instructor told us if we needed more room, not to write outside the box and to use the extra booklet provided upon request. If I only needed one more sentence to write , I would write under the last line provided, the space between the line and the end of the box. As long as it is readable and inside the box, will my answer count? Or will they not count the answer?

Yes that will be fine, they leave that space in case people want to write more than the lines given. I always go into the extra space and write extra small! Especially for the data analysis questions because they are so ambiguous I find!

Life Saver! I've been stressing so much over this! Thank you and will do!!!

Please note that ALL discussion is prohibited until after 24 hours have passed. Whether it is via PM or on the public forum. The moderating staff are able to check PMs if they feel there is any cause for concern that discussion is happening before it is permitted.

Can we create a discussion? I also found the papers hard!

Can we create this thread now? I also found it difficult!