Psychology Paper 1

Moony

Hi guys, I just have one question. i wrote the "evaluate one theory or model of one cognitive process" essay and I wrote about the schema theory... do you think its correct? Since no one in my school used schema theory, I'm kind of worried now.

Thanks

I don't see why not-as technically it is a theory of memory-as long as you ensured you kept referring back to the question :)

According to the IB Markscheme: When Discuss how cognition and physiology interact one behaviour, the following discussion are valid.

Bidirectional interaction such as

Emotion

Would this apply to the cognitive 8 mark question as well as the essay? I used Speisman et al. (1964), the study where different emotional responses were provoked depending on the stimuli

I think it would, but Speisman would be more appropriate for the interaction between cognitive and biological processes since it is essentially "testing" Lazarus' theory of appraisal.

• Like 1

I think it would, but Speisman would be more appropriate for the interaction between cognitive and biological processes since it is essentially "testing" Lazarus' theory of appraisal.

Ah, okay-as long as I manage to get some points in that question, I'm fine :) I did also link the principle that the human mind can be studied scientifically in there too due to the use of the experimental method :)

Thank you

• Like 1

• 11 months later...