Bullet Points in Psychology Paper 2 Answers - Urgent

Arkansin

Hey everyone!

Tomowrrow is the Psychology Paper 2.

I was just wondering whether using bullet points in the 22 mark questions would be a good idea. No, i am not planning to write the whole answer is bullet points, but within the essay, can some list type data be included in bullt point?

For eg: A question like: "Discuss the concepts of normality and abnormality" comes and I want to include Rosenhan and Seligman (1984) and Jahoda (1958) in my answer, can I use a bullet point list to list the 7 and 6 criteria respectively? Including all seven critera in a paragraph is a bit inconvinient and may put off the examiner as well...

Any thoughts or advise?

I'm not sure it would be viewed well, and personally I would never use bullet points in an essay, even if it was to enumerate something. It just wouldn't look right, more as if you were trying to save time and not develop on the arguments, which can cost you points. If I were you, I'd also consult the teacher.

The earliest I can consult a teacher is tomorrow morning right before the exam wiith a high chance that she would not know / give incorrect info (first year IB school problems :P, she already stuffed me with P1 answer formats)

So, just to reiterate what you are saying, NO BULLET POINTS, no matter how awkward it looks. Also assuming that bullet points for things like symptoms would also be wrong.

no don't risk it! psychology isn't like science where you can bullet point your answer, because it is meant to be an essay and you get marks for organisation, whereas in science you don't. the only time I would put them in is if i'm desperately running out of time, but hopefully that won't be the case for either of us tomorrow! :)