English B Answer Booklet- Urgent Question

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not we are going to get an answer booklet separate from the question booklet for English B (as we now do for the other exams). If not: For those true or false questions, if I mark true instead of false for example, how do I correct it? There is no space. Also, what do we do if we run out of space in the question/answer booklet?

Any answer would be really appreciated! I keep on running out of space, and marking the wrong answers out of excitement :dontgetit:

Guest Young

Hey

I'm assuming that you're talking about paper 1. I dont think you'll be getting a separate answer booklet for paper 1. You're going to receive the texts in one paper and then the questions in another paper. Note that you will have to give your answers in the boxes provided in the question paper.

I believe that the boxes provided should be enough for the answer. If you exceed it that indicates that you're giving too long of an answer. However, if you feel like writing more than the boxes provided, you should ask for a blank paper, and clearly state which question you are answering and then hand that in together with your answer booklet.

For the true or false question, read the text over and over and dont give an answer before you're absolutely sure about it. Make the examiner happy :)

I hope I helped. I'm an Eng B student as well. Good luck with your exams.

Thanks for the reply! So is there no way to correct a wrong answer in the true/false section (if I put the check in the wrong box for example)?

A slightly irrelevant question: How do you format your answers the right way for the true/false section? The mark schemes are really strict, and they don't usually accept extra or missing words.

Guest Young

You're welcome. I mean I guess you could cross it out and then check the other box. But, the IB is always fuzzy about these type of issues. Stay on the safe side and give the final answer only when you are absolutely sure.

For the true and false questions, once I have ticked off a box, I take a quote from the text to prove that my answer is correct. You have to use a quote from the text. A quote that will prove that your answer is correct.

I have been solving some practice questions/tests, and it marks me down for saying: "Force climbers to scramble back down" instead of saying " Scramble back down" right away (even though the context seems like it would allow it). It is a bit annoying, but I guess there is nothing to do about it! Anyways, thank you very much for your answer, and good luck with your exams