Length of SAQs and ERQs

Jozha

Hello everyone,

As I get further into my revision, I'm getting confused about the lenth of the responses. I've been used to writing about 500 words for the SAQs and about a 1000 for the ERQs (atleast 2 examples for SAQs and atleast 3 for ERQs - or less if they are really complex) - as is stated on a few psychology revision sites on the internet aswell - and is also what our teacher expected. However as I check our course companion and some examples here on the forum, I see that maybe I could write shorter responses...

Would anyone care to advise me on the appropriate length and detail for the SAQs and ERQs?

edit - I'm asking this for psychology HL

Edited by Jozha

I feel like that will give you a really good mark unless the essay is out of focus. But I also feel that they are too long at the same time because if you divide the two sections, it would be an hour each. For section A you would have to write 1500 words within an hour about three different topics. Maybe its because of my handwriting but I would probably never be able to write that fast. I suggest you to try the entire test within two hours and see how far you will get through. If you can write 2500 words in total within 2 hours, I think that should be great!

Btw, theres no need to answer more than required in the learning outcomes. It typically states to make reference to two relevant studies or doesn't state anything. The latter should be fine with one study from what I heard.

Edited by bankhead