Need HELP CHOOSING Civil Engineering FIRM AND INSURANCE

mnmib

Hi everyone!

I had a few doubts about choosing my firm and insurance choice for Civil Engineering (BEng) in UCAS and would like your input.

I have received offers from UCL, Bath, City, and Brunel.

As you can tell, 3 of my schools are in London and the other one is Bath. I am a person that wants to live in London because I enjoy the urban and metropolitan life and the busy life that London has to offer as opposed to a smaller town or city like Bath. I have visited Bath and I have been to London many times (around 10). I have family in London and being close to family is always important for me.

My predicted grade was a 41
HLS
Math - 5
Physics - 6
Spanish B - 7
SLS
Economics - 7
English -6/7
Art - 7
TOK/EE - 2/3 points.

Now I know that Bath is better or higher ranked than City for Civil Engineering, but my top choice is UCL at the moment who want a 39 and 19 in HLS. My problem is, that if I fail to get into UCL, then I may have to go with City, which is lower ranked than Bath in reputation but is in London (Being in London is very important for me) but if I go to Bath, I will lose the chance of living in London and maybe visit every weekend, but will attend a university that I think is better than City. I could also pick Brunel but as far as I know they are better in Automotive engineering.

How would you guys solve this problem? Which two would you pick? is there any info uve got on Bath or City or Brunel that can help me make a choice?

Thanks and good luck with your IBs! :)

I would say that this is a highly individual choice that you have got to make yourself. Which university out of the two do you prefer? What is more important to you - living in London or studying at Bath?
You decide, put that as your insurance, and then study hard to make sure that you get into UCL and never have to worry about this again :D

I would say that this is a highly individual choice that you have got to make yourself. Which university out of the two do you prefer? What is more important to you - living in London or studying at Bath?

You decide, put that as your insurance, and then study hard to make sure that you get into UCL and never have to worry about this again :D

Well I mean I guess going to London would be more fun (and therefore choosing City) I'm just afraid that I may regret not choosing a better academic option which would be Bath. And again, the life may not mean so much in the future and that is why I wanted to ask.

Thanks for your input, good luck next year! :D