Command Terms in Exams

LumosEcho

There's probably a really obvious answer to this, but on the exams is it possible that the command terms used for the 8 and 22 mark questions will differ from the ones in the syllabus?

For example, in the Health option there's "Examine models and theories of health promotion." Could the questions switch out the term "Examine" for "Evaluate"? Or are all the learning outcomes in the syllabus set in stone...? (Evaluating models/theories is just so much more work in my opinion!)

I see so many variations of the learning outcomes on the Internet so I'm really confused. :/

Any help is much appreciated!

There's probably a really obvious answer to this, but on the exams is it possible that the command terms used for the 8 and 22 mark questions will differ from the ones in the syllabus?

For example, in the Health option there's "Examine models and theories of health promotion." Could the questions switch out the term "Examine" for "Evaluate"? Or are all the learning outcomes in the syllabus set in stone...? (Evaluating models/theories is just so much more work in my opinion!)

I see so many variations of the learning outcomes on the Internet so I'm really confused. :/

Any help is much appreciated!

I have written about this before but can't seem to find the post (it is in the syllabus though worded a bit confusingly). Basically there are 22 mark command terms like evaluate and examine, similarly there are short answer (usually 8 mark) command terms like describe and outline. The 22 mark command terms are interchangeable as are the short answer command terms. If I remember correctly the 22 mark command terms can also be switched out with short answer command terms but the reverse isn't true (i.e. short answer learning outcomes like describe will never become a long answer outcome like evaluate).

• Like 1