Stuck on Question

unonokarlt

Hi, first this isn't IB maths but anyways,

I'm studying statistics is my current class and we have a test soon and my math teacher is gone for the time being and I'm stuck on this question.

Hours of Sleep | Number of students

4 | 2

5 | 5

6 | 4

7 | 3

8 | 4

10 | 2

12 | 1

Median: I found the median which was 6 hours.

Lower quartile:

Interquartile range: I get the concept of these two things but I'm confused in just how I'm supposed to solve it. I have a vague idea (is it finding 25% of 21 or 8?) but I'm not sure.

I'm sure this won't be at all challenging for a lot of you so please help, it'll only take a minute or so.

Thanks!

It should be the 25% value and 75% value of 21 students.

For this one, the lower quartile is 5, the upper quartile is 8, so the interquartile range should be 3.

(actually it seems that for questions like this they don't seem to really care whether you chose the 5.5th or the 6th value to be your lower quartile as long as you clarify what you are doing)

• Like 1

It should be the 25% value and 75% value of 21 students.

For this one, the lower quartile is 5, the upper quartile is 8, so the interquartile range should be 3.

(actually it seems that for questions like this they don't seem to really care whether you chose the 5.5th or the 6th value to be your lower quartile as long as you clarify what you are doing)

Alright thanks a lot :blowkiss: