English Paper 2 Revision

Hi there,

The usual I guess.

I think that now you must have at least have in hand the list of quotations to learn...learn them! That's the first thing I would do 1st thing. But it's good if you've already done it (you should be able to unconsciously "pull out" some by now).

The daunting thing to do is to read analysis, anywhere is good. Focus on stylistic devices and CONTEXT. Read, try and take in as many perspectives as you can! Since the questions are quite broad, you need to have a open mind.

Those are the "lighter" things to do...

I rarely write a bunch of full essays for my preparations (for the mocks) and I don't think I'll do many of them. What I do is to get some past papers questions. Try and draw from my quotations and readings to make a plan. The main problem is actually choosing the topic I wanna do, so I focus mainly on reducing the time spent on "musing" over the choices.....Really the main practice for me is to pick a question, make a concrete plan of what I'm gonna write in less than 20 mins.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Has anyone read Things Fall Apart and God of Small Things for Paper 2?

Yeah. I have and I am taking both for my exam.

Oh cool so how would u suggest studying? I haven't read much of both and am worried about the Paper. What do you think are some similartiies and some differences?

Oh cool so how would u suggest studying? I haven't read much of both and am worried about the Paper. What do you think are some similartiies and some differences?

Quotes from both. Your second question is really broad, but essentially the major similarities lay in the fact that they are both post-colonial novels, that criticize both the effects of imperialism on their society but also their countries' own rigid social rules and structure.

Yeah Generally. Do you think themes such as the defiance of rules, guilt and blame, family, tragedy and death are also strong similarities?

Also, other than the books, do you have any resources that you used for studying that you could share? I'd greatly appreciate it :)