Waste of time?

jennyrust

It's simple, if you have a teacher with common sense they'll understand the class is supposed to be used to give IB kids some slack. But if you have a close-minded teacher they'll try to teach you...and fail becasue no one truly cares about the class, people just like the interesting conversations and fun activities.

I got the crappy teacher this year...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved parts of TOK...i actually really liked the science aspect but then i found art boring, (the teacher tried to make me express myself through the "medium of dance") but some parts are a little bit depressing! i think sometimes you can learn too much! if that makes sense...the whole "ignorance is bliss" saying - i didn't like talking about death and how our existance is possible meaningless and how our lives are a freak occurance in a random universe...

and as already said...the teacher makes a HUGE difference, some of mine have been useless and others have been great.

overall i say it is worth it - for me anyway

Edited by sa-mowgli

• 1 month later...

Well somethimes I feel a bit bored in the lessons, but usually the topics are actually quite interesting. Especially the more philosophical ones like death and goodness and evil etc. Some of my friends say that it's really waste of time, but I find it nice and fun and most likely it will be quite useful in later life. So yeah, I don't think it's waste of time. XD

• 1 month later...

I think it is a waste of time, but not for everyone. I personally love it, but the rest of my classmates hate it. So I think ToK doesn't fulfill what it wanted in the beginning because few people like it and therefore its not making them "critical thinkers".