How to revise for HL Econ in 1 month

So, my final exams are in May and I have been revising but now it's exactly a month and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or revision methods they do with a month left?

So far I've been making essay plans, reading things over and learning definitions/graphs.

Please help!

I would roughly reread the textbook again, and make sure you have a ton of real world examples memorized (or at least in the back of your mind) because you need to be able to show that you can apply economic theories to the real world especially in your exam answers. I just recommend going over the textbook again, roughly for the stuff you have under control and in more detail for the topics you are struggling more with like theory of firm or something. Make sure you can define everything using real economic terms, and draw every single diagram you might need to draw during the exam. I had Econ online so I drew most of my diagrams in paint, so last March I just printed the diagrams out and had them in my shower so I could look over them again. Just immerse yourself in the material. I didn't find the past papers for econ too helpful as we have a new syllabus now, but if you can get your hands on the exams from last year (may and november) then you should definitely test yourself (without the textbook and with a time limit).

The biggest issue for me during my mock exams was the time limit. I would have loved an extra 30 minutes - So it wasn't so much that I didn't know how to answer the question and more that I didn't have enough time to write everything I wanted to. However, during the finals I really didn't have this problem. I had grown accustomed to the time limit and was able to write much much faster.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Do past papers or sample paper exercises from your textbook. It will help you tremendously in answering and getting used to examination questions. If you have the opportunity, ask your teacher if it is possible that you could together mark your practice papers and discuss how to improve them weekly. I did this with my teacher and it was of tremendous help - helped me raise my grade from a predicted 4 to a 6 in the final exam!

• Like 1