ITGS Paper 3 Case Study Discussions.

Dax

I'm not sure if this topic is allowed, but since the Case Studies have been out for a year now, I think it should be fitting right in.
The Case Study mentions that they should be first hand interview accounts etc, and discussions, so I think it would now be an appropriate time to discuss this.

This years case study for ITGS Relates to the Cobb Publishing House. which is facing the dilemma of their clientele wanting a shift from print based media to digital media. There are a lot of privacy and security issues involved and the costs involved + the increased market competition in the digital space means that they might not be able to recover their entire investment. Plus they might have to share their profit with other companies which they have partnered with.
On the otherhand, this means that they will be able to cater to a wider variety of audience and thus have a better involvement in the local and the state wide market.

Let's Discuss and Share Information!

Thanks,

Dax

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am taking the exam this May. I have several blog posts on the case study in my blog. I hope you will find these useful.

http://blogs.swa-jkt.com/swa/10472/2013/11/15/itgs-hl-case-studies/

http://blogs.swa-jkt.com/swa/10472/2014/02/17/itgs-case-studies-e-book-vs-the-traditional-technique-of-publishing/

Anyways, what's the topic to discuss?

• 3 weeks later...

I was also thinking that this could also mean more creative books/ideas for the materials because of the lack of the Print Handicap, hence the quality of the material would also increase. Plus, the publishing house also has workers in their print media department, who are skilled and could probably transfer over to the digital department and book to ebook conversion department with little training. Giving them better working conditions and better pay (After a while though), which will then help solve the labor problem

• 3 weeks later...