Biology and Physics, do or do not

BeginnerIB

Hi, I am a student entering the IB in an only IB Private school and I have been debating taking Biology or Physics along with Chemistry. I love them both, but i have been brainwashed into the thought that I have to take one or the other along with chemistry. My school offers Physics as an elective and I am now seriously debating on taking both Biology and Physics at Higher level. I am a very good student with a 94 GPA and the difficulty of the work doesn't intimidate me but the workload it self is what I am afraid of. And if need be i can drop of the sciences to standard and bring up english or psychology. Can anyone offer me insight into whether I should follow this path or not. Any and all critiques are welcome

Lang & Lit-SL

B Spanish-SL (this class should be a joke for me as I have been taking Spanish for 8 years)

Psychology-SL

Biology-HL

Math-HL

Physics-HL

Edited by BeginnerIB

I don't really think the workload is the issue, it's just that the combination seems almost, er unnatural? What I mean by that is the combination of Physics seems to be more related with Chemistry, and Chemistry with Biology, but not a lot of overlap occurs between the two you are talking about. (Well, this is what I was told, and which kind of became one of the reasons why I didn't take Physics, that's probably a mediocre sub-reason, but yeah)

However, with that aside, I can't really speak for Physics HL but Biology HL is very doable, as long as you have a relatively good work ethic, it's totally doable. In terms of work load it wasn't too bad, labs are assigned every once in awhile, but it was one of the few classes where I had little homework (I guess this depends on your teacher, but still).

I guess it depends on what you want to head to in post-secondary, I guess I didn't really give you a clear answer, but consider all your options. Are you looking for classes that you really enjoy?

Edited by emantse

Well I mean workload shouldn't be the issue. Physics HL is just workload. Also in the long term it depends on your major as well? I mean how well do your HL's relates to that? Because while math is applicable to most majors, Physics and Biology are quite specific. But over all, given your interest in both, your choice selection seems ok.

good luck :)

it's just that the combination seems almost, er unnatural?

See that's almost what I was going for, I love both classes and i'm trying to keep as many doors open as possible specifically engineering but i still want to take bio (Biomedical engineering maybe?). I like the idea of being a little out of the ordinary :turned: , colleges will look at me differently but anyway I'm just wondering whether its doable