Worried about the leap from IGCSE Mathematics to IB Mathematics HL

Guest NapWar

Guest NapWar

Hey guys, I'm generally great with math, understanding it and performing well in my exams. I only ever lose points from carelessness I guess, and usually expect perfect scores. I also got an A* in my IGCSEs.

The problem is, a lot of people say that you'd have to have done IGCSE Further Mathematics well to know if you're at the level required for Mathematics HL. Neither my school nor any in the area (as far as I'm aware of) offered this subject, and I'm not familiar with it at all.

So my question is, as someone who's only done IGCSE Mathematics (and is good at it), how can I be sure if I can cope with the level of difficulty taught in IB Mathematics HL?

I've done IGCSE Math Extended 0580 and it's all right! But yeah, an A or an A* is a minimum one should have in IG's to take Math HL. You'll still need to put in more practice to understand everything but it shouldn't really be a problem

Guest NapWar

I've done IGCSE Math Extended 0580 and it's all right! But yeah, an A or an A* is a minimum one should have in IG's to take Math HL. You'll still need to put in more practice to understand everything but it shouldn't really be a problem

Ah that's good to hear :D Anyway I can sort of prep up while I wait for school to start this September?