UBC Arts vs SFU Arts

Ryoika

Hi, so, I just got the admission offers from UBC Arts and SFU Arts.
I have made those faculties as my first choices, so I am glad that I got admitted to both faculties.
The problem is, I really do not know what university I should choose.
Here are benefits that I think each school offers to me.

UBC: Better campus.
Better learning experience.
Better professors.
More prestige.
Friendlier environment (I had to go to SFU library because I'm an IB student and need the university resources for my IAs and EE, and from what I have seen, the campus is sooooooooo depressing. Ceilings are broken, buildings are so gray, and it's so quiet).

SFU: Offers scholarship ($7000)
Does not have to live in campus. Can commute.
Less competition.
Better co-op (Is this true? I'm not sure for Arts, but I heard that UBC Arts co-op is pretty bad.
I don't know which is the truth...;;)

So far, I am thinking of taking English/Education/Anthropology/Psychology... as possible programs that I will major in, in my second year of university. I am thinking of a teacher as a possible job. I am not completely sure about the possible programs that I will major in, but I'm sure I will have to go to Masters after 4 undergraduate years because I would need it to get a good job as an Arts graduate.

What should I choose? To be honest, I want to go to UBC, but there are people around who says that SFU is a better choice. I want to know the reasons why, but they won't tell me.
What are the strengths of each school?

SFU is worth it because you can still live at home, and they are offering you a scholarship. Your undergraduate degree doesn't matter as much as your graduate degree (which you plan on obtaining), so you can always transfer out of SFU to UBC for your graduate degree.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SFU is worth it because you can still live at home, and they are offering you a scholarship. Your undergraduate degree doesn't matter as much as your graduate degree (which you plan on obtaining), so you can always transfer out of SFU to UBC for your graduate degree.

I actually got a scholarship way higher from that school (replaced the $7000) and yeah, I'm going to SFU. Thanks for the advice (although it's a bit late. Saw this later)