HELP! my teachers convinced me to take different subjects

sara2sara1997

Hey!

i'm currently in grade 11; and we just started our 2nd term.

After researching undergraduate degrees on UCAS; i found that i was most interested in studying Cosmetic Sciences; rather than my second option which was interior design.

My first option for IB subjects were; Chem Higher, Physics Higher, Art Higher and then Eng Lang & Lit Standard, Arabic Standard, Math Standard.

Yet my school denied my request and told me that changing my subjects would be better for me; and after much convincing i believed them.

So currently my subject are Islamic History Higher (Hist route 1), Chemistry Standard, Arabic B Higher, Math Standard and Eng Lang and Lit Standard.

Now getting to the point; Cosmetic Sciences is requirements include two sciences; :eek:

do you guys suggest i change and take a science? or will i be able to apply on certain standards?

It really depends on where you want to study. I would advise you to take chemistry HL for sure in stead go history. Taking a second science would make sense but it's a big commitment especially at this time of the year. If you are confident academically then go for it! Otherwise just switch to chemistry HL. Also if you decide to take another science take biology not physics, it's easier and more relevant to cosmetic sciences.