Question about IB Music

Spontida

I have had experience with a violin for about 2 years, and I can play music. However, I haven't played in 2 years since there is no space for an elective at my high school. Anyways, I can read music fairly well, but for IB music do I have to know how to play very well? (Vibratos) Film, Art, and Theatre are the other options but I dont have the passion for them, and I can take Physics as an alternative.

Edited by Spontida

I think IB music is designed to work regardless of skill level. As long as you are willing to put in the work to analyzing music and writing papers and such, it should not be difficult for you. You are assessed on your ability to play, but at SL that can be a group, and playing like less than a virtuouso won't deduct points. Since you can read music, it seems like you are well prepared.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skyrior

Eh, to be honest analyzing the music itself partially depends on proficiency in a particular instrument. As you play more of a particular instrument, your technical vocabulary usually increases as well, providing some advantage.