IB Economics HL Online tips?

Hi,

I am planning to take HL economics next year in high level, however it is only available as an online course. Does anyone have any experience about taking economics and economics online using pamoja? Or should i choose business instead of economics?

Hey!

I do economics SL and for HL my only tips is to keep your mind focused in a statement-cause-effect fashion i.e. identify what happens, how it affects the situation and show it on a diagram and stuff. I see you're from Qatar. Me too! Which school do you go to?

I actually am an economics student who uses pomoja and it actually is a well-organised, convenient alternative to motivated students. The workload can become cumbersome at times with tests not during your exam week and what not, but if you trust yourself and are well organised, it is definitely manageable. My only criticism, and in part it is due to the class I am a member of, we do not have as frequent online classes but to be honest we rarely need them and teachers make themselves available via skype. furthermore the pace and workload again during some weeks is irksome but the workload actually regurgitates and forces you to actually comprehend the weeks work so it is beneficial. Again, we plan on finishing all the content in late march, meaning we learn content right up to the very end which is extremely vexatious as I would like to finish all the content months in advance but dont stress to much as towards the end it becomes less diagrams based and more logic based. Feel free to message me anytime if you have further questions.

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm taking Economics HL online using my pamoja. It's a well-organized system, but you have to be able to manage your time effectively and be very motivated. It's also challenging to integrate your online course into your school schedule. Yet, I think it's a good alternative if you there is no opporunity for you to take the course at school.

I'm taking both Bussiness & Management HL and Economics HL and while the two courses do overlap, one is not a substitute for another. So if you just need to choose a course from Group 3, then I say go with business. However, if you're actually interested in Economics, then you should take, even as an online course.

I've been studying HL Economics for over a semester now and I don't even use a fourth of the math I learn in my SL course, so there is no need for HL Math. I personally find business easier and more interesteing. I say that if you want an easy grade, take Business a instead of Economics online. You're welcome to message me for more info. Take care!

The math involved in economics hl is very minimal and hysterically facile. Depending on your aspiring university, they may demand both if economics is a prospect for you, especially in the UK. if you are interested, feel free to ask more specific questions.