Guest Poshboxx

Don't let your teacher discourage you! I've had some of the worst teachers at my IGCSEs and I managed just fine. Rely on yourself only. Your decision depends on where you want to go to university. If the UK is where you want to go no subjects are required but strong applicants usually have bio HL. Math HL will always give an advantage over other candidates and it's a useful subject to have because it demonstrates that you have good logic skills, so I would reconsider that as a HL. Don't take chemistry it's completely useless whether you choose film or psychology. Take visual arts only if you're very talented, most people underestimate it and end up having a low grade. Also biology is much easier than chemistry (even if sometimes there's a lot of memorising to do). IB is much much much harder than IGCSE so think twice before judging your skills only on that. If you want to go to the US it doesn't really matter just focus on getting high SAT scores and maybe some subject tests if you can.

good luck